Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

100 Day Photo Challenge - Day 6

Day 6 - A person I'd love to trade places with for a day.

I have thought about this prompt quite a bit.


Would I want to be someone politically powerful, and make a change or plan to do something great in the lives of millions? 
Nope. I don't want that kind of responsibility over lives that are completely removed and unknown to my own. Plus, the stress of politics would probably kill me in a matter of hours.

Would I want to be a famous actress or singer?
Nope. Though being Shakira, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Ritchie, Rihanna, or Heidi Klum would be probably be rather interesting (especially Shakira!), I don't really want their busy schedules, paparazzi, or the expectations that they face everyday to be perfect.

Would I want to be a famous writer?
Well, yes...but from my own words, not someone else's. There are a couple of other bloggers/craftistas who have wonderful looking lives (Kandee Johnson, Vivien Hoffpauir, Lindsay Ferrier, and Ashley Lynn Stock all come to mind), but I'd rather join their ranks one day than be them for a day.

Would I want to be someone who is not publicly famous, but well known or talented within their own field?
Nope, can't think of any that inspire me that much, other than the performers for Cirque du Soleil, and their training would kick my bum.

I went through each profession I could think of - explorers, photographers, child care avengers, educators, local celebs and movers & shakers, designers, athletes, famous-for-the-sake-of-famers, models, performers, artists, musicians, cooks, CEOs, and so forth. But there's always more than what's seen and I don't want to find out the hidden away bits of someone else's life. As much as the experience or professions might interest me, I'd want to know them as my own.

That's when I finally was able to see who I'd want to be.


Myself.

My life is not perfect, and not always happy. Yesterday alone was a difficult day for me and I was on the edge of tears for a good portion of the day. But I have people in my life who love me, people who tell me I am beautiful, who believe in me more than I believe in myself. I have an amazing son who loves me and calls me his "roses and blossoms". I have a funky little home that is coming together at last. I have friends who really have no blood relation to me, yet we are closer than blood could ever make us.

Yes, there are dark skeletons in my closet and monsters under my bed. Yes, I have a long list of faults and truly am no better than anyone else. But, I am a good person in many ways and strive to become better. And the monsters and skeletons are not as unfriendly as you'd think, once you get to know them.

Today and everyday, I will be me.

Last night, with Agent M, on the couch. No makeup, just being our goofy selves.


No comments:

Post a Comment