Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All over the place

I've been all over the place lately. Literally and mentally. Being back in school is wonderful and difficult all at the same time, and the same can be said about most of the aspects of my life right now. It's been a constant pull and stretch to expand my limits beyond the comfort areas. I'm growing and learning and know it's all for the better...but dang, can a girl just get a Maui vacation already?

In the last week:


  • I've gotten very good news that confirmed my time and energy spent going back to school to build up skills for a career IS paying off.
  • Came home to a surprise that I'm just not ready to blog about. (On the surface, it was not a good surprise.)
  • Agent M and I got to spend an extra evening together at his school's Family Film Night. Or rather, he blanket-hopped with a couple of school mates and gorged himself on popcorn and fruit snacks while watching Maria and the Von Trapp children pillow-fight and carol across a large screen hung in the Multi-Purpose room. (Agent M never got far from me though, and came back often to check in on me and see if I had money for more snacks.)
  • Did four loads of laundry at the laundrymat, only to not have enough time to dry them. After spending the night completely wet but neatly folded on my kitchen counter, I then had to haul it all back to the laundrymat the next day. The owner of the place probably thinks I'm nuts.
  • Unpacked and organized more in the living room, bathrooms, and my "office" nook and made a complete mess in my room by abandoning any hope of putting my clean laundry away (but at least it's dry!).
  • Found some amazing thrift scores over the weekend (the perfect red gingham shirt! a four-drawer file cabinet!) AND had a friend pay for them for me as a "Don't Stress, Be Happy" gift.
  • I've stressed. Seriously, the weekend was Hell. Sick, exhausted, couldn't focus on any of the 2,000 things I felt had to be done immediately. 
  • Agent M and I have spent more time on my bed than anywhere else in the house. Thanks to a silky soft new comforter (a gift from my Uncle!), my bed is the coziest spot in the house. Agent M has taken to diving into it every morning while I get ready, and last night we did homework bundled up on it.
  • I've happily lugged my laptop everywhere - from school to the public library to the dollar store (don't ask). Agent M will always be my baby, but my laptop is my baaay-beeee. If I wouldn't look crazy, I'd probably hug it often. 
  • Agent M has been reading EVERYTHING. Building signs, traffic signs, magazine covers, if it has letters, he wants to know why. This absolutely makes me proud and so happy because just months ago he was constantly professing his dislike of reading and determination to never do it. 
And most of all:

  • I've been immensely blessed to know that I am supported, loved and cared about by not only family and friends but also by random strangers and people I've met at school. People who I've looked to simply for a nudge in the right direction and received encouragement and generosity. Phone calls from relatives that have meant more to me than I can express. Agent M and I are fortunate to have so much love in our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment